書評,好書推薦,書籍推薦,好書導讀,書籍導讀導讀 | 每天替你導讀好書 | 知識家

  • 大人的社交英文──Congrats! 5招應付大小道賀狀況!


    23 十一月 2015 EZ TALK 編輯部

    sisters-984997_640

    1. 閨蜜秀出訂婚鑽戒時要開心的說:──You guys make a perfect couple.「你們是天生一對。」

    Jerry: Wow! Look at that rock! Mark finally proposed!

    哇!看看這鑽石!馬克總算求婚了!

    Cynthia: Yep. I kind of gave him an ultimatum, so he had no choice.

    對啊。我算是給他下了最後通牒,所以他別無選擇。

    Jerry: You guys make a perfect couple. Congratulations!

    你們是天生一對。恭喜!

    跟準新人說好話,你還可以這樣說:

    ● You’re finally tying the knot! 你們總算要結為連理了!

    ● You two are a match made in heaven. 你們倆是天生一對。

    ● You two were meant for each other. 你們倆超速配。

    2. 祝賀好朋友買新屋、搬新家時可以說:──Congrats! You’re a homeowner now!「恭喜!你們現在是有屋一族了!」

    Alison: Congrats! You’re a homeowner now!

    恭喜!你們現在是有屋一族了!

    Ben: Thanks. It’s been a lot of work, but it feels great to have a place to call our own.

    謝謝。費了好多工夫,但自己有家的感覺真好。

    Alison: When you get settled in, I’ll have to come over and check it out.

    等你們安頓下來後,我一定得過去看一看。

    Ben: Actually, we’re having a housewarming party next Saturday, and you’re invited.

    其實我們下禮拜六要辦喬遷派對,你也受邀了。

    恭賀朋友新居落成,你還可以這樣說:

    ● Congrats on your new home! 恭喜有新家了!

    ● Congratulations on your first house! 恭喜你擁有第一間房子。

    ● You’re finally settling down! 你們總算安頓下來了!

    3. 朋友連贏好幾把,手風超順,說這句就對了:──You’re really on a roll!「你手氣真旺!」

    Frank: What? You won again? You’re really on a roll!

    什麼?妳又贏了?妳手氣真旺!

    Shelly: I don’t know why I’m so lucky tonight. I usually lose big time.

    我不知道我今晚怎麼這麼幸運,我通常都輸得很慘。

    Frank: In that case, be sure to cash in before your luck runs out!

    這樣的話,一定要在好運用完之前收手去換現金!

    賭場大勝、手氣大旺,你也可以這樣說恭喜:

    ● You’re striking it rich tonight! 你今晚挖到金礦了!

    ● You’re raking in the cash! 你財源滾滾!

    ● Lady luck is with you tonight! 今晚你受幸運女神眷顧!

    4. 同事的外派男友終於要被調回國,說這句就對了:──The lonely nights are over!「寂寞長夜總算要結束了!」

    Janet: I hear your boyfriend’s coming back! The lonely nights are over!

    我聽說妳男友要回來了!寂寞長夜總算結束了!

    Amy: Yeah. He’s been working in London for nearly a year. I miss him so much!

    對啊,他去倫敦工作快一年了。我好想他!

    Janet: Wow! Long distance relationships are really tough.

    哇!遠距離戀愛很難熬。

    Amy: It has been hard. We talk on the phone and chat online, but it’s just not the

    same. 的確很難熬。我們都靠講電話還有線上聊天,但感覺還是不一樣。

    Janet: I hear you. My boyfriend went on a business trip for a week and I 2 went

    nuts. 我懂。我男友出差一星期我就快瘋了。

    恭喜朋友終結遠距離戀愛,你還可以這樣說:

    ● Congratulations! Your long wait is over! 恭喜!漫長等待總算結束了!

    ● You’ll finally be together again! 你們總算又可以相聚了!

    ● You’ll be reunited at last! 你們終於要團聚了!

    5. 身懷六甲的朋友肚子明顯變大了,說這句超窩心:──Look at that cute baby bump!「看看這隆起的肚子真可愛!」

    Denis: Wow! Look at that cute baby 4)bump! Good for you!

    哇!看看這隆起的肚子真可愛!太好了!

    Susan: Yeah, I’m so excited! I’m finally gonna be a mother.

    對啊。我好興奮!我終於要當媽媽了。

    Denis: Is Tom excited too?

    湯姆也很興奮嗎?

    Susan: He’s super excited, but also a little scared.

    他超興奮的,不過也有點害怕。

    Denis: He’s probably just overwhelmed. Having a baby is a big change.

    他大概只是一時難以適應,有寶寶是個大改變。

    恭喜懷孕了!你還可以這樣說:

    ● Congratulations on your pregnancy! 恭喜妳懷孕了!

    ● You have a baby on the way! How exciting! 你就快要有寶寶了!真是令人興奮!

    ● Congrats on your new baby! 恭喜有新生命了!

     

    文章出處:EZ TALK

    知 識 家
    INSTAGRAM

    知 識 家